Tuesday, August 10, 2010

my mom

Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the promised land.
She prepares a world she will not see.
-Pope Paul VI

my mom has been travelling (we are euro, spelling wise). i miss her. when she writes things like this, it makes me miss her more.


p.s. i am becoming so domesticated with my bountiful baskets. you wouldn't even believe the cooking i have been doing. i just slid my knife down a thyme stalk to remove the leaves... yeah fancy, i know.

p.s. little S misses her sisters so much. she is currently in the other room fighting with the t.v. she keeps trying to have conversations with it. and then she gets mad and says "hey! give me that back!!! that's mine!!!"....... to the t.v.

2 comments:

The Richardson's said...

I like your Mom too! She is awesome.

Isn't S going to preschool this year?? Maybe she will feel cool in a few weeks of big girl school and forget her loneliness...but in the mean time- I think it is freaking hilarious that she is fighting with the tv!!

AND good job cooking!!!

Peace and Love said...

Gosh, thanks Nell! I miss you too!