Tuesday, August 24, 2010

finally finished boy nursery

my room inspirations.......

i liked the r on the wall and the cool colors of this nursery.
i love the patters... polka dots mixed with gingham. blues, reds, greens, whites....
i love vintage cowboy movie posters...
and here is the final product. baby R's vintage western nursery......
i painted an old armoire distressed red and made it his changing table. i also found a cool online store for vintage movie poster reprints... although i suspect they may have stolen my card number and tried to make a purchase at Walmart out of state. just a hunch...
old shoes are fab.
old red lantern. garage sale, $5 for 6 of them. i also got some frye boots for myself at this same garage sale for $5. yeeee haw!!
all 5 quilts my grammie has hand stitched for all my chillen.
retro toy from target.
baby R received several of these the day he was born. maybe he will be a farmer when he grows up? they look good in his room anyway... and i'm sure he will enjoy playing with them when he gets bigger.
my grammie also painted that cow picture. now it has a perfect home.
i found the polka dot duvet set at ikea and made it into a bumper. i had some old red gingham curtains that i cut and made into a valence and bedskirt.

i love my vintage cowboy material, but didn't know what to do with it. my friend suggested hanging it on the wall. so that's what we did. we just stapled it up behind the shelves.
my fav thing about the nursery is the new crib. our old crib was recalled and i received a voucher to purchase another one. score!! especially since the old one was pink :)

6 comments:

Lorie said...

VERY cute room! Love the western theme. That first picture of the lower case r, my "teacher Mommy" side was not that happy about. I am glad you put up the upper case R. I am so proud of you! :) Now everyday you can point to that R and tell him that's the letter that begins your name.:)

That is funny about your crib. My youngest S has a brand new one too for the same reason. I was pregnant with her and I was waiting to be checked and one of the magazines in the waiting room had our old crib with a recall notice. So, it worked out good for S. Although, she doesn't know it, but I know she is safe!

Anonymous said...

So cute...love it...fabulous!

Peace and Love said...

very creative and I love the colors. Rex has a very talented mommy.

Love, Mindy said...

LOVE it! And, I love that you grammie painted that picture...I was admiring it the other day - when I saw it.
Great job sister!

Jenna said...

Looks super cute!! I love decorating!!!!

Ashley Majorek said...

His room is adorable!!! Great job :)