Thursday, March 25, 2010

memories...

i was waiting for the children to be done looking at toys the other day in target.... (run on sentence).... when i came across this....


oh how i loved this barbie. i loved the smooth top of her dress and the flowy beautiful peach skirt. and that necklace. then all of these memories came flooding back of all my beloved barbies i treasured when i was 7. i might have then gone home and spent some quality time looking up images of other popular barbies from the 80's...
mother, i would just like to say thank you. apparently, i had all of the "had to have" barbies from 1985.


there was Loving You barbie, with the red velvet hearts on her skirt.... Malibu barbie, Dream Glow barbie (loved her), Crystal barbie, her white crispy dress... soo pretty, my Irish maiden barbie.....

oh those were the days.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I had the two barbies on the right! I loved them so much that I kept both of them and some others and now my girls play with them. I also had the Dream Glow Barbie she was my favorite because I love the glow in the dark stuff! Wish I would have kept her too. Brings back memories! And to just think it was 25 years ago. Is the math correct? It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

The Richardson's said...

I saw that peach Barbie and I TOTALLY had that one. It brought back super amazing memories.

I told Mark that if we ever end up having a girl- he better watch out because my Barbie obsession might come back in full force, haha!!

Peace and Love said...

I remember those Barbie's! You LOVED them!

Mattie said...

OH MY GOSH, Nellie!! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that Barbie dress!