oh man was it heaven! wish i could have stayed longer. we did miss the kiddos so much, though. we decided we would have to go back with them!!
1. eating unlimited crepes and macaroons and then walking it all off. we walked probably 100 miles.
2. meeting parisians and having a new french facebook friend!(modern day penpal!)
3. visiting all the beautiful churches.
4. drinking. morning-cafe au lait ( steamed milk). after breakfast- wine and our fav 1664 blond.
5. the farmers markets. fresh produce, meats etc. one of the perks of being up at 5am everyday- we got fresh croissants right out of the oven at the boulangeries! and mostly just the boulangeries!!!! bread. yum. more bread. and the cheese! so different from here!
6. almost dying when a dog jumped out of a trunk barking at us. it was very late and we were looking for st. catherine at rue de bac. we never found her. bummer!
7. the view from our hotel. ooh la la.
8. all the pretty flowers....
9. listening to my new fav carla bruni, the first lady of france, although my new french friend, ameilie, tells me her reputation is questionable...
10. getting lost and not caring.
11. the amazing photo opps.
12. not understanding the hours of the metro and almost getting trapped in the station. we had to run and slide under the closing gate!
13. eating lunch under the eiffel tower.
14. learning the history of the city.
15. people watching.
16. finding the fabric district and antique flea markets. i bought a book of paintings and some old spoons. i love them. i wanted to buy... old newspapers to cover my bathroom walls, a set of 3 garden chairs, old dolls, a velvet chair, an old stool. ( couldn't fit them in my 1 backpack i brought)
17. this list could go on and on.....