Sunday, August 17, 2008

a girl after my own heart





Where does the time go? How could my little baby be 8??? S is growing up so fast and I love her so much. I am so proud of her recent die-hard crafting obsessions. I wonder where she gets that from? She really wanted to learn how to sew, so I showed her a little bit and she took off! She made a very cute animal print pillow and then wanted to make a matching dress for herself. She cut out what she thought would be her size, it was so funny watching her keep holding the material up to her body trying to see what would fit, and then sitting down so serious and sewing away! Anyway, my mom came over tonight for dinner, after being in Indiana for what felt like forever, and S was busy in her room working on something. L came out and announced that S had a present for Noni. This was not anything new. A lot of times the kids will get into the wrapping paper and bags and give "gifts" to us or whoever happens to be over. Things like old college books, empty perfume bottles, magazines, rocks, etc. So anyway S finally came out with this beautifully bagged present. My mom pulled out several pieces of paper and eventually found a small hard object at the bottom of the stuffed bag. We just smiled wondering what random thing would be in there, it is usually a good laugh finding their treasures :) Well, S had been working on a bracelet for my mom that said welcome home Noni. It was so cute, the words were even separated with spacers. My mom put it right on and was so proud and touched to have been missed so much! Good thing she only lives a half mile away! Very thoughtful S! Mommy loves you!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I love your pictures Nellie! You are so incrediably talented! I can't believe she's 8!

sixwinks said...

AWWW... Where has the time gone? I still remember looking around church and trying to see if you were there. And then they announced that you had had a baby girl! Some of those times are still so vivid to me in my mind!

Love, Mindy said...

Nellie!!! I love your recent blogs! All of the pix are awesome and so are the writings. Your family is darling!