Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Deal, yo.

On the way to dance I asked L how her day at school went and she said, in her DRAMA voice with her pigtails and missing front teeth, "Horrible."
I asked her why and she said that her friend said she didn't want to be friends anymore and ran off with another little girl. ( L makes so many dramatic faces when she talks, it is hard not to smile because she is so cute)
She then said " Yeah, so she just ran off with Nisha and said... we're not friends anymore, Deal."
I asked what she meant by deal and L said that that meant to make a promise and she had never agreed or made a promise that they were not friends. ( I knew that this little girl has 2 teenage brothers who probably tell her to "Deal" all the time.)
So she said she told her teacher and the teacher said that sometimes her friends run away from her too and that the best thing to do is take a long walk until you cool off. (hmmmm.... I wonder if that's true)
So I asked if that is what she did.
She replied in a nonchalant voice " No, I just played kitty with Leah."
If only life were as simple as 1st grade.

1 comment:

Love, Mindy said...

That is hilarious! I love your latest few posts...the pictures are great...especially the iron gate. You are getting very good - we'll have to start hiring you out!!!