Friday, November 14, 2008

now this was blog worthy!!



no, this is not the twilight zone. yes, i made dinner and baked a cake in one night. i know. impressed, right? hahaha. it's so sad that that is a REAL challenge for me. I had my mom's group and we were supposed to make dinner for our families and then bring the leftovers to the meeting along with the recipe. we then assembled recipe books and had a potluck. well, i was so excited for the craft and the eating part... not so much the cooking part. BUT... i did it. i may have needed pauls help once when i was out with the kids, he just had to put the other cake in the oven. and so the cake may have come from a box... BUT it was organic and gluten free! and the dog food looking stuff is the dinner i brought to share. it was shredded curry chicken over rice. funny, no one asked where my recipe card was. humph!


p.s.  do you like the roses, lilies, dahlias and violets behind the cake? p daddy brought them home for me. well, for the girls AND for me.

2 comments:

Love, Mindy said...

Sister!? You are so good! I AM IMPRESSED! And the dinner sounds good...doesn't look like dog food!

Jana said...

Love, Love, love the new look! You ARE so good! I love the Thanksgiving banner I just might have to copy! Love the ceiling tiles. I have two that are not frames and I love them because I can paint them new colors as my mood changes! And that's pretty often!