Sunday, November 23, 2008

i heart the heart ball.
















my beautiful friend A needed a date for the heart ball ( because her hubby had to work) and graciously asked me to be her partner for the evening. i was all over that. i got a new dress ( vera wang lavender label)( oh what? you didn't ask? oh and yes, p scrubs was pumped about the price $$$) heheheh. you know me, i always find a bargain! soz anywayz.... we got all dressed up, hair and make-up ( thanks to sissy, heart her) and we were off to the ball! the kids kept asking who i was going to marry. i told them i already married daddy. they asked if they were having a babysitter. i said no. they said who's going to watch us then? i said daddy. they said.. who are you going to marry then? this went around a couple of times. they just couldn't understand why i would be going to a ball if i wasn't going to marry anybody. when we got to the ball, there were paparazzi waiting as we walked on the red carpet. crazy, right? we spun and laughed and enjoyed our 15 min. of fame. more like 15 seconds. the decorations were beautiful, food was yummy, attire was couture all the way. that was my fav part, looking at all the dresses. after we were seated and realized it was a cash bar, we got a little bored. just for a minute tho, because we decided what that party needed was a camera and a conga line! those rich, old stuffy people can be really fun, all you have to do is ask. sometimes we snapped away anyway, even if they were trying to pull away. we may have gotten a few stink eyes, but at the end of the day, we had a BLAST! 

5 comments:

Love, Mindy said...

OMG!!! I heard about your evening (from your driver)! He said you were hilarious!!! I'm so sad I wasn't with you...but, so glad for you! By the way...your look BEAUTIFUL!!!

sixwinks said...

fun fun fun yum yum yum! WHO are all those people?!?!? They look like from my side of the country? Did they fly in for the event? R U sure they are not DC politicians? What was with the hats. VERA! Seriously!?!?! OMG... I'm creating my own ball just so I can borrow that!

momoffaith said...

Holy cow! You look beautiful! Not that you normally don't of course! What is a heart ball? Looks like you had a great time! It's fun to get a fancied up sometime! Sooo fun to be a girl.

Beth said...

Wow, girlie-girl! You look fantastic! You all must have been laughing non-stop...It's easy to see that you're all having a great time! I miss you!!!!

Chris said...

And you want to borrow my what???