Saturday, September 20, 2008

love days like this...



What a lovely day we had yesterday. We went for a drive (we love to do that, waste gas, drive around aimlessly)( well, I love to do that, P was only doing it because he is going to Vegas and he was trying to make me happy) he was telling the kids about the lost dutchman story and the superstition mountains. Y0u could hear a pin drop in the car, they were so into it! I liked his description of being scalped ( getting all your hair cut off) We finally decided to stop and run around @ a coffee shop. I had to take a picture of D, she was holding a box she found that she had made last Christmas and decided to carry it ALL day. She never put it down. She even slept with it in the car. While I was trying to get a pic of D, I could see the strip show S was putting on through the viewfinder. As I was fumbling to put the camera away, S was having a great time making a scene while taking her diaper off. She had all the tables looking at her and laughing so she was loving it. I was dying, I didn't think this was appropriate for an eating establishment. She finally kicked it off and was laughing and saying "Na na na na na!" It didn't help that her sisters thought she was hilarious. We then went outside and played in the grass for a long time. The girls were enthralled with the butterflies and beetles flying around. I told the girls to stand still like a statue and the butterfly might land on them. D's pose was more like Hile Hitler and she was sad that a butterfly never chose her for landing.











3 comments:

Chris said...

Nellie - I love your pictures and of course the narrative part too. Seiously - the one of Dahlia and the box is incredible! I also really like the one of Paul and the girls. You have such an eye!

momoffaith said...

Nellie! That coffee shop is right by where Lauren does her home school program. The guy that owns that shop, was on the board at the Christian school there in that neighborhod. He also developed that neighborhood. He also used to own coffee plantation. Anyways, I love that little coffee shop. As soon as I saw the first picture you posted I knew where you were. Love ya, S

Love, Mindy said...

Looks like a fabulous day!!! I, also, like to drive around aimlessly! Great pics!