Monday, March 2, 2009

tea party

my little D had a tea party to celebrate her 4th birthday. we had so much fun setting everything up, the girls loved picking out their dresses and of course D had the best cake ever. her auntie always makes her the cutest cakes. this year it was a giant D. everyone looked so cute in their hats and gloves. they were even drinking with their pinkies up!




pinkies up!

D was very proper, she would rather observe than to participate in childish games.....
it's not a party unless you have chinese lanterns. right?
a little nervous.....
S finally woke up from her nap, she almost missed the festivities!

finally a smile from the birthday girl!!!

custom aprons, perfect for a tea party!!!! go here to get your own! they are made from vintage hankies and shirts. can we say clever???? does my little sis look so cute in it or what?
i think big sissy had the most fun. she was totally into it! she had planned out her dress, hat and earrings. she even did her own fancy up do!
my personal favorite... sweet peas fresh cut from a garden! they smelled so good!!!!! i have to give a shout out to the florist of the party. thank you DAVE :) his mom gave us the sweet peas from her garden and Dave went around snipping bouganvilla to put in the vases. thank you. thank you.
vintage tea cups and white gloves. fancy schmancy.
the birthday girl under her birthday banner.

7 comments:

Love, Mindy said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love the flowers, the cups, banner, cake...everything! And, thank you for the little PR on the aprons!
Great job mommy N!

susiek said...

Hi Nellie. Grandma told me about your tea party. I was hoping you'd post pictures. Everything was so cute and looked like fun for the little AND big girls!

Aunt Susie

Staci Kramer said...

You are killing me. I want to have a girl so bad when I look at these pics! there is nothing cuter than a girly girl.

sixwinks said...

All the girls are the same age now! 8, 6, 4 and 2! Avery turns 3 in 3 weeks! Super cute party!

The Richardson's said...

So cute. I would have loved that when I was a little girl...heck, I would love that now!

Pretty sure I won't be having such delicate parties for big M...can you say bugs and trucks and mud? haha

Happy birthday D!

Yvette said...

Love it! That was the real deal! Love the banner! I've gotta do a birthday banner really soon!

Unknown said...

That's pretty cute. Helen with one L, you always throw the best parties.