Sunday, March 22, 2009

mermaids

my girls are a little obsessed with mermaids. S and L's claim to fame is that they saw a real one when we were on the ferry going to balboa island. S has done a lot of research and considers herself an expert. On the way home today, they were trying to convince their cousins that mermaids are indeed real. Paul decided to chime in by saying that I was a mermaid. The kids thought this was ridiculous. They said no way! That's not true. Paul kept on insisting that I was a mermaid.
Finally S said " hold up your hand mom!"
I did.
she said "See! All mermaids' hands are webbed and yours is not! So, I know you can't be a mermaid!"
Paul said " what about Ariels's hands? They are not webbed."
S said " Dad, she's animated."
Jeez Paul. This is serious stuff. come on.




p.s. note to self. the old navy sundresses look like maternity dresses. someone said that my girls were just adorable and if I was expecting another girl. :( i guess my lenten sacrifices are not working as well as I had hoped.

p.s. #2 .. i am not pregnant, my friend Maru can attest to that!

5 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

hilarious. I always love your posts. I can't find my phone temporarily, which means I also cant find your number temporarily. please email me your digits and when I speak to you I will beg you to set up a time to take some pics of my family. stacikramer@gmail.com

Jay & Leta Palmer said...

Love it! :)

The Richardson's said...

I agree about the Old Navy dresses. I did not buy one for that exact reason!!!

You do not look prego- that woman was dumb...you always look beautiful!

Yvette said...

I saw you yesterday and you looked fabulous!
I wish I could wear that dress!
Who ever said that was not seeing something in you, but looking at those sweet girls, finding it was time for 5th yellow dress.

Dr Mom said...

Yeah it isnt only the old navy dresses sadly that I struggle with either...pretty much anything out there makes me look about 5 months prego instead of 7 months postpartum!