Tuesday, October 28, 2008

pumpkin stem time!



so i finally finished my pumpkin stem project. apparently they needed to go through a "mold" stage and then dry out. gross! i didn't know what to do when my beloved stems started getting moldy, all my efforts for nothing! so i decided to soak some of them in bleach and then let them completely dry out in the sun. however, the ones that i did not bleach were fine too. so lesson #1 in drying things out... give it time and just let them dry. easy enough. it's probably a good thing that i don't do any canning (or even cooking for that matter) for my family. we would probably all be sick!

2 comments:

Love, Mindy said...

Very cute!!! They look better than the boutique ones! Thank you for my stems, by the way.

sixwinks said...

I forgot to take one home! DARN!!!! Luckily I bought some fabric today!