Monday, October 20, 2008

i love fall!










I actually had a weekend to myself! I know, I can't believe it either. I visited my grandparents in Indy for my Gram's 81st birthday. She said she finally feels like an adult. I missed the kids ( and hubby) but had a wonderful time with my Ma and grandparents. We visited several pumpkin patches and gathered REAL pumpkin stems. We took pictures, sang songs, watched movies, went on country drives and even had some time to shop a little. It was fun to visit with aunts and uncles and cousins and their kiddos. So cute! I especially loved the changing leaves and warm sweaters! So different from our fall here. We had a fabulous party for my Gram with yummy food and lots of sweets, so much for eating healthy while I was there! I never leave tho, without a new wealth of knowledge......
Top 5 new quotes I learned from Gram......
1. One bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
2. Watch your figure if you don't do anything else.
3. A stitch in time saves nine.
4. Every skunk has it's mate.

and the best/worst, used many times that weekend...

5. I've got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

3 comments:

Love, Mindy said...

Ohhh Nellie! I just love you! How fun! For some reason - those pix made me cry...the ones of your mom and grams jumping in the leaves...great pix. Those will be a treasure forever! Plus, I am very jealous you were there! A real fall...in my dreams!

Jana said...

Those pictures are to die for! Thanks for a little peek on what fall is suppose to look like!

sixwinks said...

Look at 'em pumpkins! And that big rubberband ball, are obsessed with big things?