Wednesday, April 14, 2010

just a few late nite thoughts....

my thought are very random tonite... it could be because of uber wednesday at gold bar this morning (extra large de-caf mocha for the price of small) and then the uber smart thought to get another venti de-caf mocha this evening from starbucks. now i am uber hyped up!

1. today was mommy and me day at preschool for D and myself. it was precious. my friend A watched S for me, bless her heart, she spoiled S rotten. i had to pick her up from the floor, under her dining room table, in a full crying tantrum to remove her from the house. she didn't want to leave. she was reaching for walls as i was carrying her out. it was adorable.

anyway, D and i made crafts, sang songs, read books... all those cute things. here is a little survey they surprised each of the moms with. at least she got the age part right....
apparently i need to change up the outfits once in awhile. and what's with all the sleeping comments? this is not the first time this has come up. i wish i could sleep all day!


2. i enjoyed seeing these pics D took on my phone from our ride to pick the big girls up from school...

speaking of picking the girls up, i was informed by the school that L was up to the office 2x saying she was sick. (i know she was having a hard time with some friends) but things are going around, so, i thought i would go pick her up early. when i got there, she had a very dramatic entrance to the office... slightly bent over, clutching her stomach, a pitiful look on her sweet little face, and even pushed out a few forced coughing sounds. poor thing. i hugged her and we waited for S (who i would also take home early).
as soon as we got in the car, L made a miraculous recovery and was singing, eating her lunch and then went home to play with D in the back yard for about and hour while i home-schooled S. that was fun. about as fun as it would be to bang my head against a wall for an hour. i really applaud all those home schooling moms. you really have a gift! a gift that i do not possess. although, we did end up getting some beautiful work done and had a lovely rest of the afternoon.


3. guess who isn't feeling well? guess who feels like they need to throw up and has a constant stomach ache???????? i wonder why???????
4. i just got back from my mom's group and they were talking about celebrating pentecost for children. being the awesome catholic that i am, it never occurred to me to make a big deal about pentecost. this coming from the girl who, when a junior in high school, heard about the rosary for the first time. we were at a retreat and someone said it was time to pray a rosary. i whispered to my friend next to me.. what the heck are they talking about? i don't think i have one. she replied "it's ok, just count on your fingers" i was completely confused... what?????

anyway, they had this old vintage coloring book, oh how i love vintage things... and i thought it would be perfect for my kids. they learn and color about....love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. definitely things my kids need to be working on. the little angels that they are...
5. i made these burp cloths for the newest little cherub. i guess i am officially nesting. does it count as nesting when you schedule cleaners to come? haha. i'm kidding. kind of. i really did call cleaners, but i have been scrubbing everything. i washed all the baby clothes, baby sheets, blankets, bumpers, car seat covers, boppy covers, swing covers. got myself some new jammies and receiving blankies for the baby. i put away the laundry (which is a big deal for me) i even scrubbed out the silverware holder in the drawer. for those who know me well, this can only be attributed to something larger than me... something hormonal.
6. my mom is back!!!!!

4 comments:

Yvette said...

Wow! Your are so amazing! I see your thinking of the homeschooling idea. I do bang my head every once in a while but I have to say I love being with the kids. I see how fast the time flies that I can't imagine them being gone all day in a school. I will let that happen for college. I think?
BTW Don't know about TPA Jr High for Beeb. The boys... perhaps? See you tomorrow!Peace

The Richardson's said...

you are better than me- I only called professional cleaners...I never nested.

but at least the house was clean!

Jana said...

Thinking of you lately........snapple lids...crumb donuts......eating ALL of the S.A.D.D. candy we were suppose to be selling....and bell bottoms..

Anonymous said...

LOL...I have a friend who loves raw milk, but the whole raw part...printed on the jug...just turns my stomach a little :)